New Child Support Payment Cards to be Issued by July 1, Current Cards Discontinued after Balance Hits $0
Participants in Ohio’s Child Support program will soon receive new payment cards with perks that include an app for checking balance and transaction history.
The new smiONE Visa cards will be issued prior to July 1, replacing e-QuickPay Debit Mastercards. All child support consumers will receive a letter in early June detailing the change. Those who do not receive a letter by June 15 should contact their child support office and supply current contact information. Hamilton County child support consumers can call 946-SETS (7387).
“It is crucial we have current contact information so the cards get to everyone,” said Moira Weir, director of Hamilton County Job and Family Services. “If you have any doubt about whether we have your current contact information, please visit the child support portal, ChildSupport.Ohio.gov, or call Hamilton County Job and Family Services at 946-SETS (7387) to verify or update your mailing address.”
The current e-QuickPay cards will be discontinued, although users should hold on to the cards and spend their balance down to $0.
“We don’t want anyone to lose money in this transition,” Weir said. “It is extremely important you do not throw the e-QuickPay card away until after July 1 and the balance is at $0.”
Once users have transitioned to the new cards, they will experience perks such as:
- free additional cards for children
- chip security to prevent fraud
- no fees for teller withdrawals
- more in-network ATMs
- the ability to add non-child support funds to the new card
- a mobile app that allows for tracking balance and transactions
- Letters will begin arriving in early June
- If you have not received a letter by June 15, contact your child support office or visit the child support portal, Ohio.gov, to provide current contact information (You may want to check your information now to ensure the letters reach you.)
- The current e-QuickPay Cards will continue to have payments loaded until June 28 and should be used until the balance hits $0
- Payments from June 28 on will be loaded to the new smiONE Visa cards on July 1