SuperJobs Puts Job Seekers to Work
The goal of the SuperJobs Center is simple: assist job seekers in finding the right job and assist employers in finding the right candidate.
Nearly all of the activities at the SuperJobs Center work toward that end and last year, I am proud to say, the SuperJobs Center was successful in placing 1,688 people in new jobs.
That’s up from 2011 when 1,500 people were placed in new jobs.
There are a number of factors that contribute toward this success:
- Hiring events: SuperJobs regularly partners with local companies to connect the employer to local candidates. In the past six months, 1,449 job seekers attended events by 63 local companies.
- The job board: Local employers are able to feature job postings through SuperJobs at both their building at 1916 Central Parkway and online at www.superjobs.com. Last year more than 190 employers worked with SuperJobs more than once.
- Career coaches: Job seekers can get one-on-one assistance by signing up at the SuperJobs Center. There are currently more than 1,000 job seekers working with SuperJobs.
- Education and training: SuperJobs is currently funding formal and technical education for 162 job seekers through partners such as Great Oaks and Cincinnati State.
- On-the-job training: SuperJobs is working with job seekers and employers to help pay up to half the wages for 65 job seekers working in new jobs locally.
In addition to all of these reasons, the SuperJobs Center also provides computer and internet access, job search workshops and veteran’s services to local residents. And best of all, nearly all of SuperJobs services are free.
In a recent survey, the SuperJobs Center received these responses from local employers:
“Working with Super Jobs has been a great experience. This was our first event and we will be doing more in the future. We were able to put to work over half of the candidates that came to apply today.” – Trustaff
“My life has been enriched through and by the (business services unit at SuperJobs)! I am so grateful for the support they have provided… I wish I would have followed through with them, and Super Jobs, months ago. I could have spared myself a lot of grief and frustration. – HCR Manorcare
Filed under: Communication